Skip to main content

DB7 - Lipping the Teg


When I had originally purchased this car, the previous owner gave me a lip. I have not had the time to install it. Finally I have. It is an IKON Motorsports front lip from eBizzle. ABS plastic, comes with screws and hardware.

I didn't use any of them as I need all the OEM nuts and bolts cause I'm a bit of a wacko. The lip install was cake.

What we need:


  • Double sided tape - I used 5lb 3M Velcro strips. 
  • Short screw driver.
  • Alcohol
Let's get to it:

The lip install was easy as this one mounted almost perfectly. No where near an difficult as the one I got for the E36. They must have made more of these or something because it was spot on. The way it mounts to the front bumper sort of holds it in place.


I put two pieces of doubled sided Velcro on the top of the lip where it rests on the bumper. Cleaning with alcohol is critical here as the tape won't stick otherwise. I ended up putting one piece dead in the center because the two on the ends were not sticking correctly. 

Once the Velcro was settled and snapped in place I throw a screw in each on the ends. These go right where the factory screws are to hold the inner fender well to the front bumper. There is a second spot for a screw in the bumper and the inner fender well. The bumper didn't have the hole or a screw there. You could just see the indication where it would be. I just used the one screw and it seems fine. It can pivot outward if not tight enough however, I haven't had any issues. I rarely have anyone pulling on the sides of my lip either.

That's it. It is now installed. Enjoy!

Comments

  1. She looks lovely! I wish that I had time to work with you on these projects. Miss hanging with you guys.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Paint and Prep - Lower Control Arms and Springs

In between working on things I took a little time to clean up the front springs and perches as well. This is definitely not necessary but, it is always fun to make something fresher. Plus you get to practice your spray paint skills a bit, and that is always fun.
Tools needed: Wire brushDe-RusterRubberized Undercoating SprayOld Paint BrushRustoleum Semi-Flat black spray paintAlcohol or Brake Cleaner
Let's get to it.
Purple Power De-Ruster works like a champ for your rusty projects.
These Neuspeed race springs need some love. These came off a car that was from Florida originally. So, the elements have eaten off that factory yellow coating a bit. I rubbed the up with the wire brush for a while.
Brush on the de-ruster and let it work. You will see it fizzle for a little while. After a bit it turns in to a black paintable surface. 
After that clean them off well with Alcohol or Brake Cleaner. Anything that leaves a residue will not help the rubberized undercoating stick. I learned the h…

E170 - 2014 Corolla LE, Oil and Cabin Filter Change

My buddy David asked me if we could change his oil, cabin filter, and clean up his daily driven Toyota Corolla. That way he could be corollin in a better fashion.

The Oil Change
What's needed? 14mm socketSocket wrenchSpecial Toyota/Lexus 67mm oil filter cap socketObviously: oil and an oil filter
Precursor Notes:
Toyota specifies 0w-20 or 5w-20 depending on conditions. We went with a 5w-20 since we are in the heat of summer right now.

So this car has an oil filter cap that is located on the underside of the car. Just behind the oil pan, on the passenger side of the motor. It is an odd looking thing that requires a special socket to get it off properly. It also has a cartridge style oil filter. Similar to zee Germans.

David always had this car serviced at the dealership for the first 100k. I'm not sure if they put it on extra tight of what but, it was a massive pain to get off. We originally got a 65/67mm Penzoil Oil Filter Removal Socket. However, it was too shallow and would not …

DB7 - Removal of stock bushings, Installing poly bushings

Things to note:
This is part 3 of this particular write up. Please see, part 1 and 2 for further details and to get caught up to this point.

Please note before you start this project, to remove the upper and lower ball joints you will need a very large C-Clamp that can be rented from the auto parts or a press. There is also a specific socket adapter kit you must also rent in order to use that C-Clamp method. Honda's have interesting front control arms that won't allow you to push that ball joint out with out. In my case, I have a 4 point 66mm impact socket that worked just fine. If not, I would have needed to rent the secondary kit that comes with the extra adapters.

This kit from Advanced Auto looks like it comes with everything: Powerbuilt Tools Ball Joint...

The scope of this project was to replace:
Lower control arm bushings.
Lower shock mount bushings.
Tie rod ends.
Lower ball joints.
Upper ball joints.
Sway bar end links.
Upper, inner, A-arm bushings.

What are we doing th…